Monday, December 16, 2013

2013-2014 Volume block minus 3 days

The new team bike build is coming along nicely. I need some more parts before I show you guys what it will be equiped with. I plan on some major attention to details on the build and hope for a decent accumulation of marginal weight savings. Stay tuned.

Im a few days apart from what I will call a ''Volume block'' in my training schedule. The holidays will be a very good time to log in precious low intensity high volume aerobic training. I have a few days off work so I plan on training a good chunk of time.

I will mainly XC ski and ride the trainer which should allow for some good weekly volume if the holidays parties and stuff don't get in the way too much. The block won't be 100% specific training but should provide good whole body aerobic stimulus. The idea behind XC ski is logging volume while avoiding mental numbness from the trainer. Better then nothing...

The trainer will be used to keep some high intensity training sessions but they should be very short and limited in number.

Now I need to clear out that slight cold harrassing me since 2 days before jumping back into serious training!

No comments:

Post a Comment